Button’s Button Box
Button’s can’t find his favorite button.
Can you please help him?
- Buttons’ favorite button
- The button with his picture on it
Hint: Some buttons have holes to sew them on clothing; these buttons have pins* on their backside to pin them to clothing.
FIND the items that should not be in the Button Box:
- Some spare change.
- 2 bugs that should be in Granny Vee’s garden
- something Squiggles the Squirrel would love to eat!
- something bouncy
- a funny pair of eyes
- a sand dollar
- a pebble
- a cork
- a matroishka (a Russian stacking doll)
- two things that need each other to make music together
Some misplaced items of Granny Vee’s: (Yes, Granny Vee misplaces a lot of things!)
- an item with hands and a face
- a brooch (This is like a button but it is fancy & may be in any shape. It is held on clothing with a “hinged pin* & catch”.)
- one lost item that slipped off her finger!
Checks the Chipmunks Arithmetic Corner:
Checks loves to add things up!
- How many coins are in the button box?
- If you add them all together, how much money is in the box?
- How many items did you find that don’t belong in the box?
- How many buttons (with holes for sewing onto clothing) are in the box?
You can find the answer to that by counting each color and then adding them up!
- Orange buttons (include both shades):
- Yellow buttons:
- Purple buttons:
- Pink buttons:
- Black buttons:
- White buttons:
- Blue buttons:
- Green buttons:
- Red buttons:
- Add up all the colors. How many buttons (with holes) are there in the box?
- How many buttons are Buttons’ favorite color?